Wednesday, June 18, 2008

If This Be Poetry




If this be poetry and I had wings to fly,
Would I fly into your arms ina show of forgiveness?
Would I forget the many years when you made me cry,
And embrace you in tenderness?

If this be poetry and I had eyes to see,
Would I concede that an eye for an eye makes the world blind?
Would I see that, regardless of your past, you do love me,
And that more good than bad does our destiny bind?

If this be poetry and I had ears to hear,
Would I hear the many screaming corpses you left in your wake?
Would I listen to their warnings and in my mind bear,
That after all is said and done you are still a snake?

If this be poetry and all was true,
The pigs would fly and I would see right through you!

2 comments:

Tushar Mangl said...

Welcome to the blogging world
:-)

Awesome poem

Keep up the good work

God Bless you :-)

Gauri Mathur said...

yaa it ws really a sweet poem:-)
keep doin d gud wrk!
God Bless u!