Monday, June 23, 2008

Untitled

In the dining room of life,
Why are all the influential people
Far from my table?
Presidents and such are at the far wall,
But bikers and alcoholics are all close to me.

Society has conditioned me to be in awe
Of intelligent and influential people.
I listen, respectfully, thinking I might gain something
But.....
All I hear is the
Hot, sticky sound of self-indulgence.

"I helped build the...
Well, I was there when Ambani...
That's nothing, I practically ran the...
Me...I..."

Looking around me, I realised
I had the best seat in the house,
With the drunkards and the junkies.

1 comment:

Tushar Mangl said...

First things first,
Why is this piece nameless???
Title it aptly.
The poetry is good,the ending could have been bit better.
Overall great work done
Keep it up